While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things That Make Nonna Scream and/or Her Heart Stop


See if the grandkids can find what made me almost go into cardiac arrest yesterday. This was one of three that we saw. What I didn't get pictures of that sent me over the edge was a Black Widow Spider (both she and her potential offspring are now dead, and I'm assuming her husband is, as well) and a Black Snake. Yes, there is trouble in paradise. Actually, we're thankful for Mr. Black Snake since he has a taste for rodents and poisonous snakes (or so we've been told). I just hope he's not right beside the porch when I go outside anymore. Joe saw him at the end of the driveway last week. Joe sprayed something lethal around the house to take care of spiders, etc. It had better work! He's in the process of building a trap to catch the family of water snakes. Ugh, ugh, and double ugh!

3 comments:

  1. What kind of trap catches water snakes? I would think a .22 or shotgun would work much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have glue boards at our house that seem to catch snakes pretty well. I would be more than happy to let you have a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny - thanks for the offer, but so far, I haven't seen any undesirables inside the house. That would be worse than awful.

    Matthew - Joe said to tell you that he's using a minnow trap. The water snakes go in after the minnows and subsequently drown. Don't tell PETA. These snakes are so slender he said that he doesn't think he's a good enough shot to hit them with a .22 - plus the danger of a ricochet off the rocks. If you want to try it, come on over. There's also a mole problem. We'd love for you to relax on the back porch with a gun in hand!!!

    ReplyDelete