While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prayer

Loved this by Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf when I first heard it. Loved it the times I've read it since. Just saw it today on someone's blog and am grateful to be reminded again that prayer is not just about what I need the Lord to do for me, but what He might need me to do for someone else.

"In the end,
the number of prayers we say
may contribute to our happiness,
but the number of prayers we answer
may be of even greater importance.
Let us open our eyes
and see the heavy hearts,
notice the loneliness and despair;
let us feel the silent prayers
of others around us,
and let us be an instrument
in the hands of the Lord
to answer those prayers.”

1 comment:

  1. That was quoted in the visiting teaching message for December. That was the first I had heard/read it. It definitely offers another perspective.

    ReplyDelete