While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Heritage Day on the Mountain

 
This wonderful lady was my first grade teacher, only by that time she was Daisy Rhinehart and she was teaching at Spencer Elementary.  "Miss Daisy" is also the grandmother of a nephew and niece of mine, Tim Rhinehart and Darla Rhinehart Hartlage.  Not only was this lady my school teacher, she was also my teacher at Spencer Church of Christ.  She was so very talented in so many ways.  She was an artist and a musician and a host of other things.  When she would teach our little class Bible stories, by the time she was finished, she had the whole scene drawn on the board with colored chalk.  At school, I can still remember how she would stand and play the piano on the stage - and watch her children march around the gym playing our rhythm instruments.  I learned to play the piano at "Miss Daisy's" house.  My wishes would come true when she would invite me upstairs to see some of her creations.  She always had an oil painting in progress, but my favorite things to see were the puppets she had made.  She also created things out of driftwood. I still have a few pieces she gave to me.  To say I loved her would be an understatement!  She was one of the grandest ladies I have ever known. 














 




No comments:

Post a Comment