While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Saturday, October 17, 2009

One-Eyed Flying Purple People Eaters & Ghosts


http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/10/cake-balls-halloween-style/

Saw these cake balls at Pioneer Woman and decided they would be my fun cooking project for Halloween this year. So, I practiced today. I definitely like the Almond Bark coating (ghosts) better than the Wilton Candy Melts. I'll just color the bark coating purple and orange. I'm going to make purple people eaters, ghosts, and jack-o-lanterns. I used red velvet cake for both the ghosts and the purple people eaters. I'll do that again for the PPE's, but I'm not particularly fond of red velvet cake. But, I do like the gut-like-look when you bite into it. I think for the ghosts I'll use chocolate cake or maybe just a white cake. I'll use chocolate or orange cake for the pumpkins. Anyway, they're not hard and you can make them well in advance. I want to make some for my seminary class and for Trick or Trunk at church.

1 comment: