While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Last Cake???


This is the cake that Grandma M made
for Will's b'day last November.
It's been in my freezer since then.
Lori finally thawed it and shared some with us.
The most wonderful chocolate cake ever!
Probably because it was always made with so much love.
I can't begin to guess how many of these cakes
she's made for friends and family through the years.
It became her specialty.
I've watched a lot of cakes go out of her house
since I was a little girl.
There were countless numbers
of neighbors and friends who received
her delicious homemade Carrot Cake for many years.
I didn't mind so much
to see those leave when I was little.
But the cream cheese frosting on them hardly ever left
without my finger having been in it.
LOVED that.
I had very selfish tendencies, though,
when anything chocolate was carried out.
Came to love those carrot cakes, too,
as my taste buds matured.
Anyway, I think Will's cake is the last
of a long line of chocolate cakes.
Sad.
But who knows?
She just might surprise us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment