While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ceseley's Work



The Ellsworths came to stay with us a few days on their way home
from their extended stay in Utah.
On the last morning they were here,
I noticed that Ceseley was in and out of my bedroom.
I was in the kitchen, and as she would walk by
she would tell me she was
"working" - "making my bedroom pretty" -
"doing a job" - wanted to "earn money", etc.

When I went in, this is what I found.
Still makes me smile.
And, yes, she left $5 richer.
And she left me richer, as well!

She and her family visited us back in June, too.
On the last day they were here, 
I told her that I was really going to miss her.
Immediately, she reassured me with this:
"Nonna, you have your memories."
Man, she's quick.
She said the prayer over our little picnic lunch outside shortly after that.
Included in that prayer were these words, "Help Nonna to be brave."


No comments:

Post a Comment