While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Monday, July 6, 2015

Cath Lab Day

Monday morning came and Joe was still doing well.  We had been told that he would be taken to the lab fairly early that morning, but based on past experience with hospital schedules, we were skeptical.  We were pleasantly surprised this time, though.  There was the routine of the morning and paper work to sign and before I knew it, he was being taken to the lab.  I was told to pack up our things in that room because he would be taken to a different room after he left the lab.  I did that, and then I waited.  

But, not for too long.  The phone rang and it was Dr. Monsouri.  This is what he told me:  1 main artery had two blockages for a total of 95% blockage (2 stents), another main artery had an 80-90% blockage (1 stent), and another main artery had a 70% blockage (1 stent).  Whaaaaaaat???????  I could hardly breathe as I tried to process what he was telling me.  I was really glad that I could still hear him when he told me that the good news was that Joe had received help quickly enough that the heart attack had not done any damage to the heart itself.  I was and am so grateful that Joe got an undeniable warning on Saturday and was able to get to the ER quickly where they immediately started taking care of him.  Who knew he was a ticking time bomb?!?!?!?!?

Before long, Joe was brought back to our new room.  He had to lie VERY still for quite a while, which became really uncomfortable for him.  He was glad when he was finally able to eat dinner that evening.  That night went about like the ones before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment