While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sunday

Saturday night went as well as could be expected with all the beeping of machines and checks by the nurse and blood draws -- you know, the usual hospital noises.  Sleep/Rest isn't easy to achieve in that environment, but we managed.

Everything was still looking good Sunday morning.  Joe's vitals were still great, he was eating, and able to move around - although tethered to the IV pump.  I had a couple scheduled to arrive on Monday at Little House.  Lori was planning to go get everything ready for me, but since Joe was doing so well, and I knew that Betsy & Elizabeth, and Holly & her fam were coming by at different times, I decided I could do it myself.  

I stopped at Bryce's on my way home and got the girls.  I dropped them off at Shangri La so that they could pack the things they needed to be gone at least a few days.  I went to Little House and got it ready while they did that.  When I got back, we loaded up and went to Lori's.  She and Patrick had made a nice dinner for all of us and it was delicious.  It was the first real food I had had in almost two days.  I hugged them all goodbye and left for the hospital.  Betsy and Elizabeth were still with Joe, so I got to see them before they left.  

Joe and I settled in for another night in the hospital.




No comments:

Post a Comment