While in the pursuit of happiness,
one should stop -
and just be happy . . .

Sunday, April 15, 2012

55!!

My birthday was April 14th, which was a Saturday.  It was a beautiful spring day and we spent a lot of it outside doing yard work, etc.  Leah was scheduled to arrive with her kiddos late that night and we had several last-minute things to do to get ready for her arrival.  Blake & Lauren came by and we had a nice visit out on the deck.  Blake thought it would be a good idea for me to take their picture to show who had visited me on my birthday ;-)



Joe took me out to eat that night at a new restaurant in Newtown - The Vineyard.  We had a nice dinner and enjoyed seeing the new establishment.  They have a very nice dining area and it is much bigger than we had expected.  Joanna took me out for a belated birthday lunch on the 23rd.  Gondola relocated into the old Shoney's building and they did a first-rate job remodeling the place.  They have a very extensive salad bar and we enjoyed it very much.  It was nice to have some "girl" time, too.

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes, gifts, etc.  You helped to make it a special day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment